CAD DRAFTER, HVAC Engineer/Designer or Plumbing Engineer/Designer
13465 Beach Ave, Suite B, Marina Del Rey, CA, 90292
At least 2 Years Experienced in related field
ABOUT THIS JOB:
We are currently seeking a CAD Drafter, Plumbing Designer/Engineer or HVACDesigner/Engineer – to join our team in Los Angeles, California.
CAD drafters create detailed schematics that are utilized in the manufacturing of products and the construction of buildings. These detailed technical drawings incorporate the input of engineers, architects, and surveyors and can specify dimensions, codes, materials, and production methods.
CAD drafters work within different specialties. Architectural drafters prepare structural designs for new construction under the direction of an architect. Civil drafters prepare technical drawings for civil engineering projects, such as bridges, highways, and piping systems. Mechanical drafters create designs for machinery and mechanical devices. Other common specialties include aeronautical, pipeline, electrical, and electronics drafters.
What we need from you:
- Build long term customer relationships with existing and potential customers
- Effectively design and manage plumbing or HVAC design projects by satisfying clients’ needs, meeting budget expectations and project schedules.
- Proficient knowledge of AutoCAD drafting and understanding of HVAC and/or Plumbing Design
- Ability to draft and understand redline sketches provided by senior engineers
- Provide support during construction phases.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or completed Course Work in HVAC or Plumbing
- LEED Certification is a plus
5 years of experience minimum, individuals should have recent experience working for a consulting engineering or engineering/architectural firm designing plumbing or HVAC systems.
- Experience in the following preferred:
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
ABOUT THIS COMPANY:
K2D Consulting Engineers is a full-service mechanical, electrical, plumbing, commissioning, and energy engineering firm with a reputation for providing high quality professional engineering services that are responsive to our client’s needs. In addition to design, our firm has had extensive experience with studies of all types.
For more exciting information regarding K2D Consulting Engineers Inc visit https://k2d.com
Some Company Benefits are as follows:
- Highly competitive pay
- 401k with 4% match.
- Employee focused Health Benefit Package
- There are no closed doors. This is the foundation of our company culture, and because of this we have no shortage of innovative and creative ideas.