How Integration of Building Systems and Right-Sizing Helps Your Bottom Line
The best way to achieve optimal building performance, human comfort, and environmental sustainability is by working with professional MEP consulting engineers. The professionals with the most current and innovative solutions for mixed-use, retail, grocery, hospitality, office buildings, industrial, institutional, and other commercial facilities. MEP stands for mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineering. MEP consulting engineers are a value-added investment to make sure your building systems operate optimally beginning with birth at designand continuing through life-extending renovations.
At the core, MEP engineers provide two essential services:
- Assure the systems for new construction are designed, integrated, and installed for optimal performance.
- Identify deficiencies and opportunities in existing buildings to improve performance through a variety of means ranging from renovation to enhancing operating procedures.
The Role of MEP Engineers in Construction and Renovation
K2D engineering goes well beyond the basics of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing. It also includes:
- Energy conservation.
- Building automation.
- Sustainable building design.
- Title 24 compliance.
- Commissioning (third-party verification of building energy systems).
- LEED certification (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design is a globally recognized green building certification system).
- Solar design and solar battery storage systems with full integration intobuilding systems.
- Design and integration of fire protection systems.
- Total plumbing, electrical, and HVAC system design and integration.
MEP consulting engineers are essential to the smooth flow of the project by serving as a centralized source of information and advice for design, purchasing, and installation decisions. They play a role in every stage of the project’s life cycle including construction coordination and administration. This enables a holistic end-to-end process enabling higher efficiency, greater productivity, clearer communication, and higher standards of safety. Financial considerations are inherent by keeping projects under budget, maximizing investment, and assuring strategic decisions about materials, processes, and technologies.
Older buildings typically have oversized installations. Using current and cutting edge technology, MEP engineers understand that more is often not better. Oversized systems are almost always more expensive to purchase in terms of capital investment, operation, and maintenance. Renovation is the time for optimized building systems that outperform both oversize and undersize installations.
Both contractors and building owners achieve significant long-term cost savings and benefits by working with reputable MEP consulting engineers such as the experts at K2D. You improve building performance while simultaneously reducing the consumption of precious resources such as electricity, natural gas, and water while providing maximum comfort and safety for occupants.
K2D Consulting Engineers is a Professional Mechanical, Plumbing, and Electrical (MEP) Firm based in Los Angeles. For further information or to schedule a consultation please contact K2D at 310.935.3773 or visit www.K2D.com to learn more.